17 Oct 2014

Buhari Took Up Bank Loan To Pick Up Presidential Nomination Form Of The APC

Wonder why a country that has equity and justice as part of its principles as a nation could allow certain things regardless of what. That the All Progressive Congress’ Presidential nomination form could attract a fee as high as 27 million Naira beats me hollow!

General Muhammadu Buhari had during his declaration to contest for the position of the President on the flagship of his party, APC, lamented the high cost of picking up the nomination form.

“It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down as in the case of ladies and the disabled that intend to participate. I always looked left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap.

“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.

“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call (and) I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination.

“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman (John Odigie-Oyegun) but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face. That means there is no excuse,” Buhari said.

My personal take on this is that acquiring a 27 million Naira loan just to pick up a nomination form is a sign of desperation on the part of the former military strongman of Nigeria. What happens if he doesn’t win the election or even gets his party’s nod during the primaries?



No comments:

Post a Comment