19 Oct 2014

Don’t Come To Badagry Expressway-Fashola To Federal Government

Lagos State Governor
The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola has warned the Federal Government of Nigeria to stay away from the Badagry Expressway that is currently under construction.

The Governor was reacting to newspaper reports, which claim that the Federal Government of Nigeria was making plans to take over the project.

Recall that the Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen announced not quite long ago that the Federal Government has concluded plans to take over the construction of the expressway from the Lagos State Government.

Badagry Expressway under construction
While reacting to this, Fashola said the Lagos State Government would not welcome such move:

“The statement credited to the Minister for Works, honestly I don’t know. I haven’t heard it. I haven’t read it. I think it will be wise to hear what he has to say about the matter.

“I think it will be a very unfortunate journey to even contemplate that kind of idea. They will have us to deal it, should that be the case and I don’t think that anybody who is sensible want will want to stand in the way of development.

“What will the objective be to do that when you are not providing the money and not providing the design? We are doing the road so that our state can move forward. I don’t want to believe that he made that statement; I think we will leave it there,” he said.

1 comment:

  1. PDP and APC should know that it is innocent Nigerians who suffer from all these rivalry

    ReplyDelete