16 Sept 2014

El-Rufai To Vie For Kaduna State Governorship Position

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir El-Rufai has begun a tour of Kaduna State, as he prepares to declare his intention to run as a governorship candidate under the All Progressive Congress APC in the next general election in 2015.

Speaking while paying a visit to the Kpop Gwong, Col. Paul Zakka-Wyoms(retired), the Paramount Ruler of the Gwong to formally brief the monarch of his governorship ambition; the APC chieftain promised to govern Kaduna State with justice, equity, and fairness when elected to the office of the governor.

“I come here to formally inform you of our decision to seek the highest office in our dear state. It is a demonstration of deep commitment to the peace, development and unity of Kaduna State. I am set and ready to move to action, justice is paramount to development and that is my direction. I am seeking your blessings and moral backing,” he said.

“I am not new to our state; I did my primary school, secondary school and university in our state. And also practiced here in our state before moving to Abuja where we both served with Yakowa in General Abdulsalam Abubakar’s government, and so I know our problems and together we will run a responsible and participatory government together,” he said.




No comments:

Post a Comment